PH0006159/405 - FIRST HAMPSHIRE & DORSET LTD, BUS DEPOT, EMPRESS ROAD, SOUTHAMPTON, SO14 0JW
- Registration Accepted by SN
- Starting Point: Southampton, Portswood Broadway
- Finish Point: Winchester, Broadway
- Via: Eastleigh, Compton, Twyford
- Service Number: E1
- Service Type: Normal Stopping
- Effective Date: 12-OCT-2015
- Other Details: Monday to Saturday hourly.
No mention of the E2, so it looks like all journeys will be numbered E1. The fact that both Twyford and Compton are mentioned suggests the route will remain more or less as it is now, albeit with an extension on at least some journeys south to Portswood.
With less than two weeks to go until the change, First's website has no news yet and neither does Traveline. When I looked on Hampshire County Council's website, they didn't bother mentioning it either, even though it's them who made the decision to give the contract for this subsidised route to First.
For passengers between Eastleigh and Winchester, First will be the third operator on this route in ten months.